Tuesday, October 09, 2007

28 Weeks

Had midwife yesterday and baby seems to be growing fine and heartbeat was great. I on the other hand have shot up in weight since my last visit, so much so that im being sent for a polycose test to check for diabetes. My blood pressure has also shot up since last visit. Im also getting iron levels done as im so so tired all the time and two other tests but i forget what they are for! lol
The polycose one takes an hour to do! so that will just have to wait till friday and greg is home to look after sam.
Babys head is down so he has himself in a comfy position already!
Midwife is a HUGE believer in breastfeeding and again yesterday went on and on about it for atleast 15 mins. I want to bf this time as i had such low supply with sam that i only lasted about 3months but she is making me feel bad that he was a forumla baby. Im trying to not let it bug me, greg was with me at the last visit and got sharp with her as she brought it up yet again. She is just old fashioned but she should know not to push her views onto me.
Other than that, baby is a nice stong kicker! Sam is back at kindy YAY YAY YAY and we can now go back to swimming and mainly music.
Still got heaps to get for babys room and clothes for him. Think we have pretty much got the name sorted, was just waiting for my mate to have her boy which she did yesterday by c-section on her birthday and 4 weeks early and she named him Alfie which isnt what we had choosen. lol

1 comment:

Kerrin said...

Hey Tracey
Good luck with the blood tests - i hate those! Yes your midwife sounds very pushy - you can still change your midwife if you aren't happy - i would recommend mine she was/is awesome! Anne McMichael from Maternal Instincts. Don't feel bad that Sam was a formula baby, he got what he needed from you for 3 months.
I hope you get to use that name that we had in common, it is lovely!
Oh and you can come and visit anytime, we may see you at the library tomorrow?
Kerrin